This was the Zadankai week. I basically attended 3 Zadankais and 1 YMD meeting from Thursday to Sunday! For the Zadankais, the theme was about April 24th, the day Sensei was forced to step down as President of Soka Gakkai. Testimonies and Gosho studies were also being shared and explained with the members...
Members from Enomachi District...
Me with the senior leaders...
And for Sunday's Zadankai at Hongawa District, after the meeting, I had a chat with the senior leader, Sakurao-san, who is the leader of Naka Ward. To my surprise, he asked me whether I know Reverend Watanabe. I told him of course! Sakuruo-san then told me he and Watanabe-san were Soka U school mates and they were the 9th batch! Wow! I was really surprised! I will definitely inform Watanabe-san when I meet him personally. :)
Me with Sakurao-san (middle) and the house owner...
****************************************************************************************************************
And other than attanding Zadankais, I also did some cycling over the weekend. For Saturday, I attended morning and afternoon jap lessons before going for cycling.
My chinese and Mongolian classmates together with our teacher for jap lessons...
They were also surprised that I am a left-hander and some of them said I'm the first they saw with a left master hand. I was like "Huh???"
This time, there was no more Yamasaki sensei as I was upgraded to another class. The lesson this time was more challenging and I had to constantly asked the person beside me to confirm whether my understanding is correct... :)
But overall, it was a meaningful lesson and it only motivate me to learn even more...
After class, I went for some cycling. This time round, I decided to cycle up one of the hills as the Sakuras up there caught my eye a few weeks back. I cycled for 2 hours before reaching the peak and along certain portions of the way, the slope was so steep that I had to push my bike up! And at one instance, I even had to push my bicycle up the stairs! It was tiring but definitely worth it as after that, I got to see the whole city or at least Minami-ku with the beautiful mountain backdrop... :)
Ogonzan, here I come! (Hill at the back...)
Pushing my bicycle up this slope...
Resting for a while and turning back to take a photo...
Scenery of Hiroshima City from midway up on the hill...
Sakuras trees with petals at the roadside...
Scenery from almost the top of the hill...
I ate some snacks at the peak and enjoyed viewing the scenery at the top for a while before riding down. The downslope was fun and I came down for 10 minutes non-stop just braking and controlling my bike! Never experienced such a long distance down before. Hehe...
************************************************************************************************************************************
As for Sunday, after the Zadankai, I cycled to Kabe, one of the bedtown of Hiroshima. There was nothing much to mention but if you like the mountains and natural scenery, then it will be a fruitful trip... :) But along certain portions of the journey, the cycling path just kind of disappeared and I had to cycled both on road and pederstrain path... And while cycling through the suburbs, I thought I am in Malaysia again. Haha...
My initial target destination - Miyoshi. But it was simply too far to reach by bicycle... Haha...
Beautiful flowers planted from this family's backyard...
Suburbs feeling...
Simply dangerous to cycle with the narrow roads... Hehe...
Altogether, I cycled for approxiamtely 50km to and fro and it took me 4.5 hours. After I got off my bicycle, I walked like I was bouncing... Haha...
And the rest of the night was spent on making phone calls and confirming my stay in Kansai as from 26th April to 5th May, it is the Golden week and I wil be having 11 days of holidays!!! Yeah! So I will make use of this vacation to backpack Kansai, find my friends and explore the kaikans!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment