It has been a tiring first three days for me. Not only has the cycling time increased from 15 to 40 minutes, there was also the mental stress to cope in the office with new projects and I have to restart all over again. And this is how the story goes...
Monday (250208)
Left my house at 8am to start my cycling trip all the way to my new workplace. Felt very refreshing and excited when I finally reached my destination. There were tons of people queuing up and entering the gate. I looked at the whole place and said to myself, ワ一、ずばらしいね!
Then i went in and began wandering around to find my new office... :)
For the whole day, I was being briefed on the whole new issues and began to read up more on the specific details. I finished work at 8pm but I waited for my new colleague who finished at 9pm and we walked 10 minutes, chatting to the carpark to get our vehicles, my bicycle and his car... =)
Tuesday (260208)
The morning began with rain. It has not rained for a long time cause all these while it has been snowing. I was caught unprepared as I took my bicycle out but still decided to start cycling. I noticed that along the whole trip, only another person was like me without any umbrella or rain coat on. In the end, it took me 45 minutes to reach (this time I took another route) and my whole face and head was completely wet! My hands and feet were also numb as I walked to the toilet to dry myself up.
Then at work, I began to get involved in more things. And during lunchtime, my sup jio me for lunch at the canteen. The food there was really cheap and I ordered udon and curry katsu for these 2 days! For yesterday and today, we were the first to reach and thus cut down on the waiting time. Haha... Then we chatted about things non-related to work to get to know more about each other and after lunch, the queue in the canteen was so long that the line went down to the first floor! Haha...
And after finishing my work at 7.30pm, I dashed back home to have my dinner before attending my district's dan shibu meeting. This time, there was a 20 minutes video on the England and Scotland SGI and the locals there shared about how they came into faith with this buddhism and their impression of Ikeda Sensei. It touched me as some of the things they shared are quite similar to mine or to the youths as a whole. After this, we talked about 3.16 (Kosen-rufu Day) and the leaders shared the story between Ikeda and Toda Sensei.
After the meeting ended, I felt hungry again and hence went to the mart to buy a pack of biscuits before cycling home under the drizzling rain again. Seriously, I have lost count of the number of times I was drenched today... (The difference between the rain system in Singapore and Japan is that once it starts raining in Japan, it usually lasts the whole day (from what I experienced so far). However, the rain is not as strong as Singapore's, but it is esp cold in winter time! Haha...)
Wednesday (270208)
In the morning, I realised that my hand has shrunk when I wore the watch. I can now squeeue in the next 2 holes! Oh no!!! Haha...
And today was quite an expectionally busy day in the office for me. There were a few meetings going on one after another and I got to travel to other places for meetings. :)
During lunchtime, I got to have lunch at a Korean restaurant with my other colleagues and try out something new... The meal was so full that this is the first time I did not feel hungry at dinnertime! Haha! (And thanks Claire for your extra 3/4 bowl of rice... Hehe...)
Back in the office, work was getting more and more and I simply could not keep up with the mails...
In the end, my mind was mentally drained that I decided to leave office at 7.30pm to have a good rest and start things afresh tmr...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment