Time really flies. I have officially stayed in Hiroshima for one month and I have made a couple of friends both from my workplace and Soka Gakkai. I will continue to improve myself and search for new and exciting experiences!!!
080208 – Friday
Nothing much to mention today on the second day of lunar new year. Only significant thing was attending my first YMD ddmk meeting at night. Chanted for half an hour before the leaders shared about the NHR from the Seikyo Shimbun. This time, Singapore was actually being mentioned in Sensei’s installments!!! They said Sensei might have written this article last Wednesday, 060208 and it was published as a continuation of Singapore pioneering kosenrufu efforts in the 1960s. We talked about this article and an English version of it will be on the way. =)
090208 – Saturday
Went to meet Kondo-san at 9am outside a convenience store this morning. We agreed last week that we will be teaching each other jap and English respectively and hence leading to today’s meet-up. Firstly, we went through a list of Kanji characters that I printed out and then went on to practise my prounication from another material of mine. After this, it was Kondo-san’s turn and he wanted to learn Chinese. He never learn before and the moment I told him there are 4 tones to each word, he nearly fainted! Haha… But slowly, he wrote down the list of words he wanted to know in Chinese and I’ll translate and teach him how to pronounce. After that, it was my turn again and Kondo-san helped me translate the NHR from the Seikyo Shinbun. Although I can read, but I don understand the words and meaning from the passage. So he patiently helped me to decipher one paragraph by one paragraph. Very patient guy!!!
Nothing much to mention today on the second day of lunar new year. Only significant thing was attending my first YMD ddmk meeting at night. Chanted for half an hour before the leaders shared about the NHR from the Seikyo Shimbun. This time, Singapore was actually being mentioned in Sensei’s installments!!! They said Sensei might have written this article last Wednesday, 060208 and it was published as a continuation of Singapore pioneering kosenrufu efforts in the 1960s. We talked about this article and an English version of it will be on the way. =)
090208 – Saturday
Went to meet Kondo-san at 9am outside a convenience store this morning. We agreed last week that we will be teaching each other jap and English respectively and hence leading to today’s meet-up. Firstly, we went through a list of Kanji characters that I printed out and then went on to practise my prounication from another material of mine. After this, it was Kondo-san’s turn and he wanted to learn Chinese. He never learn before and the moment I told him there are 4 tones to each word, he nearly fainted! Haha… But slowly, he wrote down the list of words he wanted to know in Chinese and I’ll translate and teach him how to pronounce. After that, it was my turn again and Kondo-san helped me translate the NHR from the Seikyo Shinbun. Although I can read, but I don understand the words and meaning from the passage. So he patiently helped me to decipher one paragraph by one paragraph. Very patient guy!!!
View taken outside Kondo-san's apartment
Going through the NHR from the Seikyo Shimbun.
After this, it was already 12.45pm and intiailly, I wanted to attend my jap lesson over at the Hiroshima International Centre which starts at 1pm. But I’ll surely be late. Hence I decided not to go and have okonomiyaki lunch with Kondo-san instead... :)
Okonomiyaki Lunch!!!
After that, I cycled for half an hour to Jusco supermart to buy the 88 yen bread and other food stuff before going back to my apartment to sleep for 2 hours. After this, Atsu-san called me and together we sat on oda-san’s car to the kaikan. This time, there’s another Sensei’s speech and members from USA, India and the Philippines were present. The speech finished at 9pm and Oda-san drove us home. On the way back, Oda-san mentioned that he was only 2 years old when his mother was killed in the atomic-bomb. She was then 27 years old. This is the first real hand encounter that I have with an atomic bomb victim and a forgotten story among the people here in this cosmopolitan city…
When I came back, I rested for a while before Claire called me. She has also just reached back from a cake shop she volunteered working for free in. And she said she don’t have to worry about food cause the staff over there always gave her cakes, chocolates and other pastries to sample! So good! She brought back a tuppleware full of pastries and together with the biscuits and snacks I bought in the afternoon, we will be going to Miyajima for a picnic and celebrate CNY at the same time tmr! Yeah! =) [FYI, we swopped the zoo and Miyajima dates cause the oyster festival in Miyajima is only available for this weekend.]
We discussed and chatted for a while before heading back to our rooms to have an early sleep for tmr’s long cycling trip to Miyajima…
When I came back, I rested for a while before Claire called me. She has also just reached back from a cake shop she volunteered working for free in. And she said she don’t have to worry about food cause the staff over there always gave her cakes, chocolates and other pastries to sample! So good! She brought back a tuppleware full of pastries and together with the biscuits and snacks I bought in the afternoon, we will be going to Miyajima for a picnic and celebrate CNY at the same time tmr! Yeah! =) [FYI, we swopped the zoo and Miyajima dates cause the oyster festival in Miyajima is only available for this weekend.]
We discussed and chatted for a while before heading back to our rooms to have an early sleep for tmr’s long cycling trip to Miyajima…

No comments:
Post a Comment