Today was me and Claire's second week anniversary in Hiroshima. (Don get the wrong idea. We just spent 2 weeks in Hiroshima working and nothing else! Haha...)
In the morning, as we were cycling to work, just about 200m away from our apartment, before we reached the A-bomb dome, we saw particles coming down. After a closer look, it was SNOW!!! This is the first time in my 24 years of life that I actually saw real snow coming down from the sky!!! And it has reached Hiroshima City!!! Yeah! The temperature then was 2 degrees but just less than 3 minutes later, the snow was gone. I wanted to take a pic of the snow and me with the A-bomb dome as the background but luck was not on my side. Hence we just carried on cycling to our office.
During lunch time, as usual, I met up with my colleagues for a brisk walk and when we got out of the office, I felt like I was in the freezer! Cool!!! It was also snowing but like in the morning, only bits of it. It was strange to see snow with the afternoon sun together. But this time round, it lasted for half of my 40 minutes walk and I really enjoyed looking at the snow coming down as we walked through the beautiful sceneries of Hiroshima castle with its mountainous backdrop. As we walked and chatted, I then realised that one of my colleague was also joining us for the ski trip this sat! And she even managed to convince me to snowboard instead of ski as all of them will be snowboarding. Wow! But I told her that I'll go there and eat the snow cause I'll keep falling down! Hehe...
Then after work, I went to Hondori to walk around as Claire was in the office doing OT till 11pm I think. I visited a toy store but was disappointed to see only a handful of transformer toys left. Maybe this craze has gone. But still, I looked around and saw other interesting toys that were not found in Singapore. After that, I reached home at around 8.30pm, cooked my own dinner, ironed my shirts and did a bit of laundry before reading my books and brushing up on my jap. Will be looking forward to tomorrow as the company is giving us a welcome lunch. But before that, I have to prepare my stuff for tmr's morning meeting first...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment