Chong Choon Fei's Facebook profile

Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

3rd Week - Tuesday (220108) My First Dan Shibu Meeting!

Was busy throughout in the office with meetings in the morning and discussions with my supervisor in the afternoon. Knocked off work today at 6.45pm and quickly rushed back to rest first cause I got a meeting at 9.30pm. This time round, it is a YMD meeting and this is also my first! And since Claire can't join, she went to the Internet cafe again. Haha!

When I got out of my office building, I realised that it was drizzling and my whole bicycle was wet! But without any choice, I had to cycle back under the rain (think I was the only clown who did that). I hardly see any cyclist and everyone was holding an umbrella. And this time, the weather is as cold as the morning and smoke kept coming out of my mouth! When I entered my apartment ground floor, my hands were so numb and hard that it took me a while to reach for my keys. Shiok man!!! Never experience this in Singapore before!!! :)

Then after a shower and checking of mails, I went to コタケのうち for the meeting at 9.10pm.
As I walked, I seemed to get lost and I finally decided to go Hashimoto-san's house to ask for directions. (I don wanna topo in the cold night cause i'm wearing slippers and my toes will get frozen! Haha!) And luckily when I saw Hashimoto-san, he told me the YMDs are driving and waiting outside my apartment. Hence they drive to Hashimoto-san's house to pick me up. :)

During the meeting, I can see that they tried talking slowly with a lot of hand gestures and were trying very hard to help me understand what they were saying. I think they got a lot to cover but because of the time they spent on me, they cut it short and gave a sensei's guidance and an article from Seikyo Shinbun shared by one of the members, Kando-san who was impressed with a baseball player and how he overcame a lengthy injury layoff and got back into the game. They also informed me about this Sunday's ymd photo-taking at the kaikan and it is to be sent to Tokyo to give it to Sensei! And they invited me to be part of the group!!! Yeah!!! After the meeting, Kando-san asked whether I know William and showed me a photo of William in it. For the photo, it was a gift from William and he wrote an english message at the back to encourage him to learn and improve his english! (William, you still remember him right? Haha...) After this, we took a photo together and I took Tsuboi-san's car home.


Me with the Dan Shibu (Kando-san is third from the right)

No comments: