220308 (Saturday) - 原宿、渋谷、信濃町。。。
Woke up pretty late at 10.30am. Apparently, San-chan came back at 5am from the party!!!
We called Hiroki to meet up at 12pm at Hachioji Eki. In the meantime, we chanted and get ready our stuff to go out.
The traffic then was really slow and we reached at 12.30pm. But Hiroki was waiting patiently for us and when I saw him, I was really very happy!!! It has been 10 months since we last saw each other! Memories certainly filled my mind of the times when we were in Singapore. We hugged and took photos together and could not believe that we will see each other again and esp in Japan!
Finally! I can meet you again, Hiroki!
After this, we went to a restaurant to have our lunch and Kumiko joined us not long after. We chatted and rewinded those funny moments when they were in Singapore. I am happy that they kept those as memories...
Hiroki treating me to a katsu lunch...
The 4 of us having lunch at a restaurant in Hachioji...
Harajuku is similar to our Bugis, just that it is much more bigger and happening with so many teenagers and tourists cramping the streets. One can also see a lot of weirdos wearing funny costumes and exaggerated make-ups walking around. We walked and squeeue past the main street and bought Crispy Crepes for a break, which is very popular now in Japan...
The popular street of Harajuku...
Some of the weirdos...
San-chan and Kumi decorating our Neo-prints...
Ever so cheerful... Yeah! =)
Hmm, I don't look like myself... Haha...
Queueing up to get our Crispy Crepes...
We then went to other parts of Harajuku before walking to Shibuya (as the train station in Harajuku was seriously over-crowded). It took us 30 minutes to reach Shibuya and there were so many people in these places. We took photo together at the famous big screen in front of the ever busy traffic junction, a trademark of Shibuya before going to Shinanomachi. At Shibuya station, we bidded farewell to Kumiko as she went home.
It took only 10 minutes to reach Shinanomachi from Shibuya (4 stations). Shinanomachi is home to Soka Gakkai and kaikans, Honbu (HQ), shops, concert halls and Seikyo Shimbun are all there! Families belonging to Gakkai would place the Gakkai flag outside their house, making the whole town cosy and like one big family. I reached there at 6.15pm and discovered that the chanting room was closed and we have to go to another place at another street to chant. As a result, I wrote my letter to Sensei on the spot and passed it to the lady at the counter.
After that, we went to the shops to get some souvenirs and because San-chan has another party going on in Hachioji at 8pm, we took the train back.
Over at the Eki, we ate Yoshinoya for dinner and I chose beef don. Then we parted ways and I explored and wandered around Hachioji Eki till 10pm before taking a bus to Hiroki's house.
Hiroki came at 11 plus to pick me up as he was having a farewell party with his peers as his graduation was delayed by one year due to his exchange in Singapore. We chatted in his house till 2am plus until we are all really tired. We just kept laughing and laughing with so many memories to recall... We have to force ourselves to sleep even though we switched off the lights and hiding in our cosy futon... =)
Another memorable day which I will not forget...

No comments:
Post a Comment